Wind Point's Fog Signals
When they were active, they could be heard about 10 miles from shore.
When Wind Point Lighthouse became active in 1880, there were two fog signal buildings, as can be seen in the image below. One was on the north side of the property and the other on the south side.
These two signal buildings were active until 1900, when the new fog signal building came online. The south building was eventually taken down, but the north building exists today and is used for
The "new" dual horn Fog Signal building is shown below as it is today.
For a look at the details of the Fog signal building and its apparatus, click here.