Who We Are..
The Racine Lighthouse and Maritime Preservation Society, "rLAMPs", is the tradename of The Friends of the Wind Point Lighthouse, a 501c3 non-profit organization, formed in 1999.
Did you know...
That before 1843-4, Root river emptied into Lake Michigan about 400 ft south of where it does now and was only 3 feet deep.
Racine's Maritime History
Racine became the fifth largest port on Great Lakes in the mid to late 1800's.
A grateful thank you to ...
Although our web site is currently in development, we would like to thank a number of people and organizations for their contributions of historical images and information.
- The Friends of the Wind Point Lighthouse for making this site possible.(FOWPL)
- Barb and Ken Wardius, authors of many lighthouse books, including Wind Point Lighthouse
- The Racine Heritage Museum (RHM)
- Gerald Karwowski, author of "Racine" Postcard History Series
- National Archives - Washington D.C.
- Robert Jaeck for his amazing knowledge and research